Michel DÃnzer wrote:
On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 20:56, Keith Whitwell wrote:

Michel DÃnzer wrote:

What makes the difference is calling _mesa_lookup_enum_by_nr() at the
beginning of r200Enable(), probably due to the delay. Granted, it
doesn't help with the reflections, and if those are disabled, it doesn't
help at all, but I don't understand why delaying there would have any
effect...

Does a usleep(1) in the same place have the same effect?

No... unsurprisingly, it does kill performance though. (BTW, nanosleep()
might be a better fallback than usleep() for throttling?)

Does the hardware actually "see" the delay?

I doubt it, at least the framerate doesn't seem affected.

It will only be exposed to delays *between* command buffers - delays aren't preserved within a buffer submitted to hardware as a whole...

Hence my bafflement... what's special about _mesa_lookup_enum_by_nr()?

Does the attenuation patch look good to you though?

Couple of questions -

What's going on here - is there something the hw can't handle?

+                 if ( fcmd[LIT_ATTEN_CONST] == 1.0 ) {
+                    /* Can't do even constant attenuation, disable */
+                    icmd[idx] &= ~( R200_LIGHT_0_ENABLE_RANGE_ATTEN << shift);

Secondly - what's the ATTEN_XXX constant? I realize that it's mine, but I can't remember what it's all about...

Keith