On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 22:39, Felix KÃhling wrote:

> Sorry for spamming ... I just had another idea. Can't we use MMIO for
> buffer swapping?

No. MMIO register writes to FIFO'd registers while the CP is busy are a
sure recipe for a chip lockup, because sooner or later the FIFO will
overflow. So you'd have to idle the CP, and the MMIO blits wouldn't
happen any sooner than emitting them to the ring in the first place.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer