On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Alan Cox wrote:

> On Sul, 2004-06-13 at 16:34, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > The Microsoft Longhorn UI is going to trounce Linux on the desktop if we don't
> > get to work on a response. Getting mesa-solo running everywhere wouldn't take
> > two years if more people would pitch in and quit arguing. Right now we should
> > have a working xserver/mesa-solo this summer, even sooner if there was more
> > help.
>
> You have no solution to non 3D heavy cards, you have no solution to
> non-Linux hardware platforms. Most of your linux ideas have been thrown
> out repeatedly as half-baked on multiple lists.

Xorg already work better on linux Nvidia's drivers are for fbsd and linux
from ATI I saw only linux binary drivers and so on.
I think making a common xserver and a high quality openGL based server
might be a good idea, if we can keep most the code the same and compatible
with each other both groups could enjoy.
I know people would think it's a waste of resources but maybe that would
be appropiate job for the stable branch of kdrive.

Ely