Alan Cox wrote:

On Sul, 2004-06-13 at 16:34, Jon Smirl wrote:

The Microsoft Longhorn UI is going to trounce Linux on the desktop if we don't
get to work on a response. Getting mesa-solo running everywhere wouldn't take
two years if more people would pitch in and quit arguing. Right now we should
have a working xserver/mesa-solo this summer, even sooner if there was more
help.

This isn't relevant to the Xorg server.

need to do is pull everything together. xserver on GL is an architecture that
will be good for at least another ten years while the current XAA architecture
is close to the end of it's life.

You have no solution to non 3D heavy cards, you have no solution to
non-Linux hardware platforms. Most of your linux ideas have been thrown
out repeatedly as half-baked on multiple lists.

At least he is trying. There's no need for bashing people who try to implement new ideas.

--
-Torgeir