On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 21:08 -0700, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> The second half of the first paragraph controdics with the first.  There
> are patches and the like avalible.
>
> The second sentance is refering to the hotplug code, only needed for multi
> cards(currently not suported)?  Or did you mean something else.

I certainly didn't talk about hotplug, and I must admit I don't
understand what you mean in the above paragraphs. Please elaborate, if
it's important. (Maybe it helps if you write directly under what you
refer to)

> Your right about adding interfaces into the kernel, but what's
> proposed(the non hotplug stuff) is small and relitively uninteresting
> since it's not used by X.  There are no currently pkged programs that
> would use these extentions so there is nothing stoping a rewrite b4 the
> user part is released.

So you propose to add an immature interface to the mainline DRM/kernel
and cross fingers that it won't turn into a maintenance and/or security
nightmare before it gets rewritten? Sounds a little backwards to me.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer