> I have not looked into this in detail.
> But I fail to see how DRM are different than for example lib-sata,
> that do not play all these tricks.

we don't currently split our drivers into a library and a core part, so we
have to avoid naming collisions when building everything into the kernel,

We sort of include the core part in each driver separately but of course
these collide so the DRM() macro puts the driver name DRM(hello) goes to
i810_hello in i810 and i915_hello in i915, to avoid colliding at link...

it's messy and I'd like to cut down uses of it to a bare minimum...

Dave.

>       Sam

David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person