> core/personalities. Doing this would eliminate the whole intermodule
> mess. Intermodule support could even be removed from the kernel since
> DRM is the only user. With all of the macro elimination and current
> code rework in DRM I don't this splitting a core off is that hard to
> do.

The main against is we create another binary interface, this one in
kernel, these are evils we know and more importantly care more about than
the standard lk... the later we leave to do this the happier I'll be,

I think the writing is on the wall, it will happen the timing is what is
left as an exercise for the reader, my next project after I complete the
kernel merging of current patches is to start slowly one header file at a
time moving towards the split...

> The bug probably has something to do with the intermodule support. Code
> that could be deleted if we changed to a drm_core model.

I'll get some time this evening..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person