On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Nicolai Haehnle wrote:

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 15:02, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Nicolai Haehnle wrote:
Hi Nicolai, you can just rename the driver so it produces r300_dri.so -
the 2d driver is in fact configured to tell DRI clients to use that
binary.

Well, it does produce r300_dri.so right now. The reason I am doing the work in an r300/ subdirectory is that development is going on in a different CVS repository, and I really don't fancy worrying about complicated merges with Mesa CVS (across file renames, at that!). Or maybe I somehow misunderstood what you meant?

It is I misunderstood what you meant - I thought you did not rename the driver.

One very important feature of your driver is that allows to run with CP mode used for 2d operations and everything else done in software - this produces quite a speed up for most cards. This is useful for playing 2d games via Wine and for saving power on notebooks.

Do I understand right that this (software fallback only) driver will have problems with regular X.org 6.8.1 ? If so it is unfortunate, or we could release a set of drivers for 6.8.1.

On a more happy note, Clear doesn't lock up anymore, but the coordinate calculation seems to be all wrong.

Cool !

                        Vladimir Dergachev

cu, Nicolai