Keith Whitwell wrote:

Stephane,

Very impressive! I take it this has been derived from reverse-engineering the ati driver?

How stable is this code now & how much testing has it had?

I've been using it for one month with different OpenGL apps (mostly Quake 3 & friends, also tried most things in progs/demos), and have seen no crashes/rendering problems except for the depth fallbacks.

How close do you think it is to be ready for CVS?

I don't think it should go to CVS before we have fast zclears working for each card, or we'll have to bump the drm version number each time a new card works.
I'm sending it here in the hope that people with non-RV100 cards will fix it :)

I'm guessing that there will be various corner cases that will show up with software fallbacks, readpixels, etc that won't show up in normal usage, though tests like glean might to a better job of provoking.

Depth reads/writes/fallbacks are definitely broken. I know of no other breakage.
I have a patch in progress to use color tiling which should fix that (and other depth fallback bugs). This patch enables color tiling and creates a surface above the depth buffer to allow direct depth access (that and removing some flags seems to fix the depth fallbacks). It works fine for 3D, but 2D in X is broken with it.

Stephane

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: Sybase ASE Linux Express Edition - download now for FREE LinuxWorld Reader's Choice Award Winner for best database on Linux. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=5588&alloc_id=12065&op=click -- _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel