On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 07:16:56AM +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> How stable is this code now & how much testing has it had?  How close do
> you think it is to be ready for CVS?

With unmodified hyperz patches my system (Linux-2.6.9, Athlon, Radeon 9100)
crash/reboot when I run glxgears.

I tried to comment out some code (please check my radeon_state.c version).
- I commented out some part of first ring section to stop crash/reboot
- two another ring sections are needed, without them there are irregular
  zbuffer distortions

Speed in quake/trackballs/tunnel(Mesa) is same as before. Only in glxgears
speed increased from 1700 to 2200. But in each OpenGL application except tunnel
and Blender - rendering is broken (horizontal black bars over picture).

--
Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies