Rune Petersen wrote:
Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

One thing you might try is to exchange the order of arguments or do something similar. There are some comments by Nicolai on ordering of arguments in r300_reg.h, these might reflect actual hardware limitations.

For example, I do not understand why in flat texture shader one has to have two identical instructions and why the first and last instructions in
single texture shader are identical as well.

I couldn't find a combination that makes alpha look any better and got angry at the identical instructions which didn't do anything.
So I removed them.
I don't se any problem without these innstuctions. unless there are special cases. q3a and NeHe lessons 2-20 don't look any worse.

I haven't looked at the r300 code as it's not in Mesa CVS, but I'm wondering if you've noticed that the i915 driver does a similar task of converting fixed function GL to a programable fragment shader backend?

It may be a bit late in the day, but there might still be a couple of things to pick up from looking at that code.

Keith

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IntelliVIEW -- Interactive Reporting Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop reports. Save time by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to DOC, XLS, RTF, etc. Download a FREE copy at http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl -- _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list Dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel