On Friday 04 February 2005 21:52, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > Here again, ideally this would get folded upstream too, once it's at
> > least secure.
> >
> > I can't really mandate a policy since I haven't been contributing much
> > to r300, but I would like to hear how people think this should progress.
>
> Folding DRM driver is not difficult, in fact currently there is just one
> extra file with r300-specific code.
>
> As for folding R300 driver, we'll see how things turn out. It is hard
> for me to imagine how this folding could take place - albeit it might turn
> out to be not too bad.

You know, I actually started the r300 driver with this in mind, which is why
you'll still see all those r200_* files around. The thing is, I neither
have the hardware to test whether it still works on R200, nor can I
currently contribute much to development.

It really shouldn't require a complete rewrite, just a lot of careful (and
tedious) refactoring.

cu,
Nicolai