Am Mittwoch, den 09.03.2005, 02:08 +0300 schrieb Sergey Zharkov:
> Felix,
>
> Sorry for reporting bug on this address - just culd not find any place t
> report for DRI, and you seems to be the only man who actually program
> the driver.

The DRI developers list is [EMAIL PROTECTED] Savage
issues can also be discussed at [EMAIL PROTECTED], which is a moderated
list.

>  I've recently moved from Savage DRM 1.x  to 2.x from cvs
> with kernel 2.6.11 - I've received 10% increase in speed, quality of
> rendering looks better as well (i got rid of some ugly artifacts on my
> favorite SeriousSam game) - the only thing DRI does not resume from disk
> anymore. It resumes from memory (acpi state S3) fine, but when I resume
> from disk even having no apps using DRI during suspend-resume, each time
> I try to start 3D application everything hangs and the only chance I
> have is to switch power off. Just curious are you aware about this - may
> be you have any idea how to make resume from disk working again,

Not really. Resume from disk was only half working for me with DRM 1.x.
It locked up after some time with more demanding applications. I was
guessing that it locked up whenever the driver started using AGP
textures, but I never looked into it more seriously.

With the new driver I have never tried resume from disk, and I don't
know what would be needed to make it work. I'm CCing to dri-devel. Can
someone give me a brief summary what a driver needs to support resume
from disk? I seem to remember that i915 and unichrome saw changes in
that area in the last months.

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |