On 6/10/05, Lorenzo Colitti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I load radeonfb, my laptop hangs on resume from S3. It has been known
> to cause problems for other people too, see for example the following:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10772046
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/2/27/170

My patch will do nothing for the S3 resume problem. There must be some
bug in the radeonfb power management code. The only way I can think to
debug this is to put bunches of printks into
drivers/video/aty/radeon_pm.c and then hook a serial console up to the
laptop. That will let you see where the hang is. Once you locate the
hang benh or I can try to figure out a fix. The technique works, it
how I found a bug with disk drive initialization. You do need to build
the serial driver in and turn on early printk support in kconfig.
Check to make sure the serial console works before loading radeonfb.
You may be surprised with you start getting some output, sometimes the
drivers print a message saying exactly what is wrong.

It may be possible to use kdbg over a serial line but I haven't tried
that method.

--
Jon Smirl