On 6/10/05, Adam Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Because technically this patch is bogus if it ever gets merged back to DRM
> CVS.  It will break BSD,  <video/radeon_share.h> is a linuxism, and you've
> added that and calls to your new radeonfb stublets in shared-core.

BSD would have it's own equivalent of the inlines for getting the
flags. BSD is already getting the flags with a different scheme than
Linux. There will probably be other places where BSD needs special
code, for example attaching to the interrupt vector. radeon_share
means shared between fbdev/DRM not with BSD.

I also did not present this patch as being ready for BSD support, it
is generated against the Linux kernel tree not DRM CVS.

> Moving the chip flags out of drm_pciids.h is a waste of time, they're just
> going to get regenerated from the text file.  And apparently the reason you
> did that is to replace (dev_priv->flags & CHIP_HAS_HIERZ) with
> radeonfb_has_heirz(dev_priv->fb_handle).  I don't see the win in pushing that
> info down to the radeonfb layer, since it apparently isn't needed there.

I did it so that maintenance of the flags would be in a single place.
All of those flags are exactly duplicated in radeonfb. If I recall
right I'm the one who added the flag code to DRM to begin with and I
copied it out of radeonfb. The flags were a quick way to demonstrate
that radeon drm/fb could share data and routines.

> Oh, and you broke HyperZ, because afaict you never initialize ->family to
> anything.  Worse than that, struct radeonfb_info doesn't even have a ->family
> member.  So this won't even _build_, let alone work.

Not sure where you are looking, but according to bk revtool struct
radeonfb_info has had a family field since radeonfb.h was created on
2/12/04.

There are two radeonfb drivers in the Linux tree. There is an old one
that should be removed in drivers/video. The real one is in
drivers/video/aty. The patch was generated against the one in
drivers/video/aty.

--
Jon Smirl