Felix Kühling wrote:
> for the next version of DRIconf I'm working on a database of known
> applications that can be selected from a menu. This way users won't need
> to go through the confusion of finding out the correct executable name
> any more. However, the range of applications and games I'm using myself
> is rather limited, so I am conducting this survey.
>
> Please send me the names and correct executable names of your favourite
> 3D applications and games that you configure with DRIconf. Send these to
> my private email address, NOT to the mailing lists. Depending on the
> volume of feedback I may want to filter and process the emails
> automatically, so please send plain-text emails in the following format:

Is it possible that this could be dynamically created and cached on each
system by checking for applications in PATH that have libGL in NEEDED?
Then one could have a "Scan for new applications" that would re-check.

I suppose readelf -a $exe | grep NEEDED ought to work on most systems.

That ought to catch the majority of them, except those annoying shell
scripts that run something else somewhere else.

Thanks,
Donnie