Update:
The "Free temps when possible" patch makes NWN lockup again.

It would appear that hw tcl is very fragile on some cards.

Rune Petersen

Rune Petersen wrote:
I made a mistake, and did not use clean Mesa source.

sorry about the noise.

with:
int future_hw_tcl_on=1;
int hw_tcl_on=1;

    nwn:
Texture corruption (random changing garbage) on some items/doors. this corruption will bleed into other games started after nwn is closed (like Quake3). This is an improvement over the lockup I get without the patch.( it did lockup once)

    Quake3:
No corruption. the mirror and teleport is still partly broken, but no corruption.

with:
int future_hw_tcl_on=0;
int hw_tcl_on=0;

    nwn:
        No corruption.

    Quake3:
map0: Texture corruption (random changing garbage). this corruption will bleed into other games started after Quake3 is closed.
        http://megahurts.dk/rune/stuff/shot0003.jpg

Rune Petersen

Aapo Tahkola wrote:

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:04:49 +0100