Rune Petersen wrote:
Adam Jackson wrote:

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 10:14, Rune Petersen wrote:

Hi,

Since the 12 of April there has been a change that causes Quake 3 and
Doom 3 (demo)not to exit properly.

Quake 3 locks up the system, and Doom 3 does a double fault.

The suspect as I see it is:
"Ensure all GART allocations are freed on context destruction"

But I have yet to confirm it. If you are unable to confirm it, I'll try
to track it down myself.

That patch was admittedly rather brute-force, but I've not had any issues with it locally.

Turns out you're off the hook :) (for now)

The Quake 3 lockup is caused/triggered by a change done to Mesa (not r300) between 14 and 15 of April.

patch:
"Replace ctx->Const.MaxTextureUnits w/ ctx->Const.MaxTexture[Coord/Image]Units in various places."

looks like I need to join the Mesa mailing-list...

Do you have the MESA_DEBUG env var set?  That might give a hint.

I think the r300 driver is the only one that can have different values for GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS and GL_MAX_TEXTURE_COORD_UNITS. That might have something to do with it.

Looks like those values can be set in your .driconf file (though I'm not sure why that's a config option!).

Otherwise, here's the CVS check-in log. You could try undoing the changes in one file at a time until you find the trouble:

  Revision      Changes    Path
  1.64          +4 -0      Mesa/src/mesa/main/matrix.c
  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/main/matrix.c
  1.265         +3 -3      Mesa/src/mesa/main/mtypes.h
  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/main/mtypes.h
  1.138         +114 -29   Mesa/src/mesa/main/texstate.c
  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/main/texstate.c
  1.92          +4 -7      Mesa/src/mesa/swrast/s_context.c
  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/swrast/s_context.c
  1.113         +2 -1      Mesa/src/mesa/swrast/s_span.c
  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/swrast/s_span.c
  1.54          +3 -3      Mesa/src/mesa/tnl/t_array_api.c
  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/tnl/t_array_api.c
  1.48          +1 -1      Mesa/src/mesa/tnl/t_vb_arbprogram.c
  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/tnl/t_vb_arbprogram.c
  1.9           +2 -2      Mesa/src/mesa/tnl/t_vb_arbshader.c
  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/tnl/t_vb_arbshader.c
  1.38          +1 -1      Mesa/src/mesa/tnl/t_vb_program.c
  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/tnl/t_vb_program.c

-Brian