On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:12:07 +0100
Michel Dänzer <mic...@daenzer.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 10:55 -0500, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> > The headers in include/drm will be installed and libdrm_radeon
> > should be updated to use those headers instead of the ones in
> > radeon/ since they're what's upstream.
>
> At least one of the headers in question - radeon_bo.h - isn't in
> the kernel (and it probably makes no sense to put userland
> specific headers like that in the kernel) and is outdated in
> include/drm.

Now that we are talking about headers, what is the proper layout
of *installed* headers?

I'm leaving out $prefix in the following.

include/drm/
        I'd assume that should contain only the kernel headers,
and those are going a away soonish or ASAP. (krh already tried to
remove them ;-)

include/drm/
        seems to be also containing libdrm_radeon user API headers?

include/intel_bufmgr.h
        libdrm_intel has their header sitting in the root include
dir.

include/nouveau/
        almost all libdrm_nouveau headers are here, except
nouveau_drmif.h, which should probably be moved.

include/xf86drm.h
include/xf86drmMode.h
        and then these two...

So, each of the three drivers have their headers installed
differently, and Nouveau manages to fail even in that. :-)

What should installed header tree look like?

--
Pekka Paalanen
http://www.iki.fi/pq/