On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Eric Condic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have decided to alter our headers/footers in dspace and are having a
> problem.  We've modified the header/footer files in:
>
> [dspace-source]/jsp/local/layout and [dspace-source]/jsp/layout  (we are not
> sure which one controls the final product).

You always want to modify the appropriate files in /jsp/local; these
override what is in /jsp. Leave /jsp alone (in fact, I used to make it
read-only in Eclipse so that I wouldn't do something stupid).

As to your problem: I've had this happen. I haven't a clue what causes
it, but cleaning out Tomcat's compiled stuff before rebuilding seems
to fix it for me. Get rid of the .wars and subdirectories in Tomcat's
webapps directory, then rebuild and deploy. Anybody have a
non-cargo-cult explanation or fix?

Dorothea

--
Dorothea Salo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digital Repository Librarian AIM: mindsatuw