Dorothea:

OK...I now know that I have "lost it".  I could swear that at one
time the DSpace documentation told the user that they should no
longer use /dspace/local but make the modifications within the actual
JSP, but I have reviewed all of my documents from DSPace 1.2.2 to the
present and see that it says to use /dspace/local.  I guess this is a
perfect example of people seeing what they want see!
I have been doing this for at least 5 years...sheesh!

Fortunately, I am in the process of moving my dspace instance to a
new (and improved) server.  I will be able to fix this on the new
server.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

At 12:57 PM 8/25/2008, Dorothea Salo wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:38 AM, George Kozak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Dorothea and everyone...
> >
> > I guess I've been a bad boy.  Since Dspace 1.2, I have been actually
> > changing the JSP's and not using /jsp/local.  I thought at one point
> > we were told to no longer use /jsp/local...but I have been wrong before ;-)
>
>Really? When/what/where did you hear this? That's something where we
>should probably have our story straight!
>
>If /jsp/local is still the thing to do, I suppose what you'd want to
>do is copy your /jsp to /jsp/local and put a fresh set of JSPs in
>/jsp. At that point you could do a diff to see which files are
>different, and discard any in /jsp/local that just copy from /jsp.
>
>Dorothea
>
>--
>Dorothea Salo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Digital Repository Librarian AIM: mindsatuw
>University of Wisconsin
>Rm 218, Memorial Library
>(608) 262-5493

George Kozak