On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Mark Diggory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The inclusion of new formats would have probably been best served as
> part of the SQL upgrade in
>
> http://dspace.svn.sf.net/svnroot/dspace/branches/dspace-1_5_x/dspace/
> etc/database_schema_14-15.sql
>
> Then it would have been part of the update process.  This XML file
> format thing is a bit overly complex when what really just needs to
> happen is that an SQL table is properly updated.

Good point. Would I be right in hazarding a guess that this was
originally designed as a gesture toward relatively simple updating of
this set of configuration options (without direct database-mucking)?
And that this is therefore a special case of the general issues with
how difficult DSpace (and its underlying tech stack) is to configure?

Dorothea

--
Dorothea Salo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digital Repository Librarian AIM: mindsatuw