Stuart,
Thanks for this message.  I think it may explain why I haven't been able to
get LDAP to work even after installing LDAPHierarchicalAuthentication.java.
If I read your email correctly, it means I will also have to install patch
2057231 before hierarchical LDAP authentication will work.  Is this
correct?  If so, can you say a little about how to install a .patch file?

I should also confirm that I installed LDAPHierarchicalAuthentication.java
correctly.  I placed it in the same directory with the rest of the
authentication modules (password, ip, LDAP, etc), re-built the war files,
and then added the new lines to the conf file.  Does that sound about right?

Eric Luhrs
Lafayette College