Thanks a lot Hayden and Claudia.
I have tried native2ascii command in Ubuntu.  It does not seem to work
properly.  Maybe I do not know how to use it properly.  Nevermind.

It sounds TongueTied should be easier to use, so I tried it out and it
works fine for me now.

Thanks again.

Panyarak Ngamsritragul
Prince of Songkla University.

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Hayden Young wrote:

>> Where are those different language messages
>> from?  Does the system read them directly from
>> http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/modules/dspace-api-lang/trunk/src/main/resources
>> ?
> You'll need to download the properties files from the languages module
> to your DSpace installation's webapps/jspui/WEB-INF/classes directory
> first. It may also require a restart of your Tomcat server.
>
> The messages files are already encoded but you can use various tools to
> make modifications to the file.
>
> The quickest is to run the native2ascii command line tool against the
> encoded properties files, make the changes you need, then encode them
> back to ascii using the same tool.
>
> Alternatively, there are a number of good gui and webui tools available
> for bulk editing. One integrates into Eclipse and is available at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-rbe/. Another, which we use, is
> TongueTied, http://code.google.com/p/tongue-tied/. It takes a little to
> set up but it provides really good online management of properties files
> and doesn't require your translators have Java running on their machines.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Cheers
>
> Hayden

believed to be clean.