From: Glenn Little [mailto:lit...@cs.ucsd.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 2:00 AM
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Dspace-tech] modifying config dspace.cfg

I've got an install of dspace and am now trying to modify the
dspace.cfg file.  But I'm confused as to which file to edit.  I
thought I was supposed to do this:

+ edit [dspace-source]/dspace/config/dspace.cfg

+ change dir to [dspace-source]/dspace/target/dspace-1.7.0-build.dir

+ ant update_configs

The problem is that this does not do anything with my new changes.
Instead it puts an old copy of my dspace.cfg file over into
[dspace]/config/dspace.cfg.new.  As far as I can tell, that *old* copy
comes from:

  [dspace-source]/dspace/target/dspace-1.7.0-build.dir/config/dspace.cfg

So what is the real intent of the copy in dspace-<version>-build.dir
compared to the one higher up in the source tree?  How is one *really*
supposed to update the configuration, post-install?

Thanks...

-glenn

believed to be clean.