Hi Bojan and Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

The action I am calling is the search rest call I am making is search -
http://localhost:8080/dspace/search.xml?query=testitem
When this is called it looks like the method refreshParams is called in
the AbstractBaseProvider class. This method checks if the user is logged
in and throws an EntityException if the user is not logged in, which is
the case for my search.

try {
EPerson eUser = EPerson.findByEmail(context, user);
if ((eUser.canLogIn()) && (eUser.checkPassword(pass))) {
context.setCurrentUser(eUser);
loggedUser = eUser.getName();
} else {
throw new EntityException("Bad username or password", user, 403);
}

Any idea would be much appreciated. We are creating a plug-in for Moodle
2.0 so that DSpace can be used as a repository.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Dr. Mark Melia
Analyst

‘Celebrating 10 years providing high quality solutions to our clients’