Peter your patch has worked for me thanks.

The next issue seems to be with search; I get the same error when
executing most searches (although not all).

For example, the following search succeeds:

http://www.wijiti.com:8080/i/testing/rest/search.xml?query=geisha

but most searches don't:

http://www.wijiti.com:8080/i/testing/rest/search.xml?query=example

The error I receive is:

type Status report

message Failure processing entity request (/search.xml): null

description The server encountered an internal error (Failure processing
entity request (/search.xml): null) that prevented it from fulfilling
this request.

I see no errors in any of the logs (catalina, localhost or dspace.log).

Could this problem be related?

Cheers

Hayden

On 05/05/11 05:48, Bojan Suzic wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>

>> I was looking at the DSpace REST API module today, and I too had errors
>> with getting null when viewing something like:
>> http://localhost:8080/restapi/communities/213.xml
>> Attached is my patch for fixing that. https://gist.github.com/952058
>> (I'd prefer not sending files to the mailing list, also I didn't see
>> where the rest bug tracker is).
> thank you for the pointing to this issue.
>

>> Also, Bojan, I'd like to clean up the "getting-started" wiki page to
>> make it easier to use the rest api. I had to change a few things to get
>> it going. i.e. change 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT to 1.7.1. And I ran it as a module
>> connected to my normal dspace code, so I'd like to add how to run it as
>> a module.
> Also thanks for this part too, and for explanations entered and cleaning
> it out. I will add these changes to the repository.
>
> Also anyone is welcome to put his suggestions/changes/improvements on
> the wiki page, that's why it exists.
>

> Regards
> Bojan

Hayden Young
Managing Director
Wijiti Pty Ltd
p. +61 (0) 8 6102 1198
m. +61 (0) 405 520 778
e. haydenyo...@wijiti.com
w. www.wijiti.com
vcard. www.wijiti.com/vcard/haydenyoung.vcf

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may
be confidential. They may contain legally privileged or copyright material. You
should not read, copy, use or disclose them without authorization. If you are
not the intended recipient please contact the sender as soon as possible by
return e-mail and then please delete both messages. This notice should not be
removed.