Mark,

I'm working on trying to get tombstone behavior to work in the xmlui
environment.  I have it working on in the jspui webapp.

So, I have successfully changed an aspect so that when an item is withdrawn a
pick list of 3 options ( reasons ) for withdrawing the items is presented to
the user.  I have also changed the code so that the "reason" is stored in a
newly created dc element ( description.withdrawalreason ).  Now what I want is
for when the user goes to the item, instead of getting an authentication
request, he/she gets an item view page that looks just like the short display
but shows the reason just above the where the bitstreams are listed and disable
the ability to view the bitstream.  Here is an example from the jspui area:

http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/34788

So I created a new aspect which is  a copy of ItemViewer.pm and have it called
from the sitemap when there is no READ permission on an Item ( this will have
to fine tuned to be more specific - like the item has a dc element with a
withdrawalreason, but for now I can work with this ), so I'm trying to change
my new ItemViewer file to create a DRI object that will render such a page.

Does this help better understand where I'm at?  This change was fairly straight
forward in the JSPUI world.

-Jose