On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Blanco, Jose <blan...@umich.edu> wrote:
> Mark, I think I understand your directions.  Sorry if I'm being hard headed
> about this, but I'm hoping that making this change will help me get smarter
> about Manakin and Cocoon.

Of course…

> So, I created the selector.  I think it does what is suppose to do.
>
> I've changed the sitemap in the ArtifactBrowse as you suggested.  BTW, I
> don't quite understand what the difference is between ArtifactBrowse,
> BrowseArtifacts, and ViewArtifacts.  Can you explain it without too much
> trouble?

We will consider replicating your site map work in ViewArtifacts,
these three new aspects separate out Browse and Search from viewing
Items and are meant to eventually replace the ArtifactViewer aspect.

> Here is a the change to the sitemap file.  I think it's what you suggested:

yep, thats it.

> <map:match type="HandleAuthorizedMatcher" pattern="!READ">
>   <map:select type="WithdrawnSelector">
>      <map:when test="true">
>         <map:transform type="TombstoneView"/>
>         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>      </map:when>
>      <map:otherwise>
>         <map:select type="AuthenticatedSelector">
>            <map:when test="eperson">
>              <map:transform type="RestrictedItem"/>
>              <map:serialize/>
>            </map:when>
>            <map:otherwise>
>                <map:act type="StartAuthentication">
>                    <map:parameter name="header"
> value="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.RestrictedItem.auth_header"/>
>                    <map:parameter name="message"
> value="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.RestrictedItem.auth_message"/>
>                 </map:act>
>                 <map:serialize/>
>            </map:otherwise>
>         </map:select>
>      </map:otherwise>
> </map:match>
>
> Now,  I have my new transformer aspect/artifactbrowse/TombstoneView.java, and
> I'm not exactly sure how to change it.  I copied the ItetemViewer.java file
> to TombsotneView.java, but how do I change the output of the body that is
> output?  What needs to be output so that the themes  know what to do?

I would start out very simple,  don't copy ItemViewer, instead start
by just making a barebones body that contains a simple Div and some
text.  The first objective before working on how the rendering will
work is to first verify if your solution will properly present the
tombstone page when the item is withdrawn.

> Thank you so much for this help!!!!

Absolutely, and thank you too, this is a feature we need to get
finished out in DSpace XMLUI…

Mark

--
Mark R. Diggory