Hello Kirti,

> Also ran
> [dspace]/bin/dspace itemcounter
> That has displayed Community and Collection strength on community-list
> page.
>
> Is it a good idea to run itemcounter on weekly basis ?

You can run it nightly as a cron job or enable real time count by
settting webui.strengths.cache = false (this is the default setting) see
the following section of the dspace.cfg

##### Settings for content count/strength information ####

# whether to display collection and community strengths
# (This configuration is not used by XMLUI.  To show strengths in the
#  XMLUI, you just need to create a theme which displays them)
webui.strengths.show = false

# if showing the strengths, should they be counted in real time or
# fetched from cache?  NOTE: To improve scaling/performance,
# the XMLUI only makes strengths available to themes if they are CACHED!
#
# Counts fetched in real time will perform an actual count of the
# database contents every time a page with this feature is requested,
# which will not scale.  If the below setting is to use the cache, you
# must run the following command periodically to update the count:
#
# [dspace]/bin/itemcounter
#
# The default is to count in real time
#
webui.strengths.cache = false

Hope this helps

Claudia Jürgen

> thanks
> Kirti
>

> On 03/08/2012 11:10, Hilton Gibson wrote:
>> This wiki page may help:
>> http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Indexes
>>

>> On 3 August 2012 11:58, Sean Carte <sean.ca...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:sean.ca...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 2 August 2012 23:23, Kirti Bodhmage <k.bodhm...@qmul.ac.uk
>>     <mailto:k.bodhm...@qmul.ac.uk>> wrote:
>>     > Yes. It is specified in dstat.cfg file.
>>     > Here is the screen shot of my statistic page.
>>     > The theses is mapped to dc.type = thesis.
>>     >
>>     > We do have collection type as Theses where all our theses goes. On
>>     > statistics page theses appears to be 0.
>>
>>     I believe you need to change the item.type parameter in your
>> dstat.cfg
>>     file, e.g.:
>>
>>     # The item types in the archive that you need number breakdowns on
>>     #item.type=Thesis or Dissertation
>>     item.type=Thesis
>>
>>     Then you'll probably need to regenerate your stats.
>>
>>     Sean
>>     --
>>     Sean Carte
>>     DUT E-Repository Administrator
>>     +27 72 898 8775 <tel:%2B27%2072%20898%208775>
>>     +27 31 373 2490 <tel:%2B27%2031%20373%202490>
>>     fax: 0866741254
>>     ir.dut.ac.za <http://ir.dut.ac.za>

>>     Live Security Virtual Conference
>>     Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
>>     threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
>>     Discussions
>>     will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
>>     malware
>>     threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
>>

>> --
>> *Hilton Gibson*
>> Systems Administrator
>> JS Gericke Library
>> Room 1025D
>> Stellenbosch University
>> Private Bag X5036
>> Stellenbosch
>> 7599
>> South Africa
>>
>> Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
>> http://library.sun.ac.za
>> http://scholar.sun.ac.za

>> Live Security Virtual Conference

> Live Security Virtual Conference