We have a potential project to preserve and share some
very large data files. I am told these would be data files of
2-20 Terabytes each file. I am not sure I believe this, but I am
wondering if any of you have dealt with anything like this.
Supposedly the collection would amount to hundreds of
Tbytes over a number of years.

I don't see this as a good DSpace application.
No one is rationally going to click on a multi-terabyte file and
casually download it. (at least in 2012).
However, I suppose we could have
some sort of sftp script linked from some items with meta data
for the files.

Please drop me an email if you've dealt with
multi-Tbyte files and collections. I will summarize for the list.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Ludwig
Director of Research Systems Development