On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Francis Kayiwa
> <francis.kay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> *the production one* [0] fails to work with dspace.
>
> Hi Francis,
> what exactly does "fails to work" mean?

Ideally I would like to see the Dspace Application but sorry for not
being clear.

You have to be more specific.
> Does Tomcat start?

Tomcat starts. When I install tomcat6-webapps and rename ROOT.xml in
the contexts to _notROOT.xml it displays the "It Works" Tomcat page.

Does it show anything at all when you enter the
> DSpace URLs? Is anything in the logs? What if you raise the log level
> to debug?

heh! This is what I am looking for?

> Did you enter the Context tags in the correct place, i.e. these tags?
> <Host>
> </Host>

Yes I did.

> Just thought I'll ask because I can't think of anything else.
>
>> The strange thing right now is I have an identical but currently down
>> machine that I was able to get running.
>
> Did you manage to get it running by putting Contexts into server.xml?
> Again, just asking.

I get the same error. Which makes me suspect that it is something I
have... but need to be shoved on how to debug tomcat to produce more
verbose logs.

./fxk

--
"Beer busts, beer blasts, keggers, stein hoists, A.A. meetings, beer
nights..." --Homer Simpson