On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:06 PM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Francis Kayiwa
> <francis.kay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does it show anything at all when you enter the
>>> DSpace URLs? Is anything in the logs? What if you raise the log level
>>> to debug?
>>
>> heh! This is what I am looking for?
>
> You didn't answer the question. What do you see when you enter
> http://yourdspace.com:port/one_of_the_webapps ? A blank page?

No matter which of the following I go to oai, sword, jspui, xmlui I
get a 404 resource not found.

What if
> you telnet to that port?

I get Name or service not known on port 8080

 Connection refused? No HTTP response after
> you make a GET request? Response headers, but no body?
>
> I'm trying to find something here to hang on to.

wget --spider http://localhost:8080
Spider mode enabled. Check if remote file exists.
--2012-10-25 16:18:18--  http://localhost:8080/
Resolving localhost... ::1, 127.0.0.1
Connecting to localhost|::1|:8080... connected.
Remote file does not exist -- broken link!!!

> Sorry for not having provided the link just yet, but it may not be
> necessary depending on your answer to the previous questions.
>
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-TurningonDebugging(optional)

Thanks for this.

./fxk

--
"Beer busts, beer blasts, keggers, stein hoists, A.A. meetings, beer
nights..." --Homer Simpson