On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Thomas Ronayne
<ronayne.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most of the date fields are defined as the date data type which does produce
> the ISO standard format; it's only the ones that are a year only that were
> defined as integer data type. The actual books typically (well, never, truth
> be known) define a date as anything but the year, no month, no day.

I know how you feel. You can either stop caring about sorting dates or
you can generate dates in form 1984-01-01.

>  My understanding of the ISO standard is that a date can take the form of
> yyyy, yyyy-mm and yyyy-mm-dd but it's certainly understandable that DSpace
> won't be happy about that.

Yes, ISO 8601 does allow all those forms and more. It's an old
limitation in DSpace.

> 8 language VARCHAR(10),|        dc:language.rfc3066|    en (English), fr

I'd personally go with dc.language.iso and put ISO 639-3 code in
(others also use ISO 639-2). DSpace doesn't prescribe which one and
AFAIK, DC doesn't, either. You may want to check whether QDC or
DCTERMS prescribe a particular vocabulary.

> 34 publisher_ VARCHAR(40),|     local:publisherlocation|        Publisher
> location

This _feels_ like it should go to dc.publisher.location (which we
don't have by default). Check the standards. If unsure, leaving it in
local is fine.

In any case, it's a simple SQL query to change all values of a
particular field to a different schema, element or qualifier, so don't
worry too much about it.

> PS: I did look at the submitted table and it really looks bad -- should I
> take a crack at formatting it a little better and resubmit?

This is the one case where I use HTML emails - to explicitly format
text as monospaced, or for syntax highlighting if I'm feeling fancy.
You may want to also send it to dspace-general, but I don't think
they'll have anything to add.

Regards,
~~helix84