Steve wrote:
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:47:12 +0000
Von: Mark Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An: dspam-dev@lists.nuclearelephant.com
Betreff: Re: [dspam-dev] PHP UI alternative to dspamCC

Steve wrote:
It depends how you retrain. If you have the tokens already inside the
storage engine and linked to a signature, then retraining with just the
signature is enough. If you don't store the tokens with a signature inside the
storage engine or you purged the signature including the tokens already from
the storage engine, then training with just the signature is not the way
to go.
It would be signature based that I'm interested in.

As I understand it I do have to pass a user to dspam when I do the retraining (is that correct? I'm not at my server to check),

This can be right and wrong.
Right: When you have the user uid in the signature and you allow DSPAM to
switch the user when retraining, then you don't need to specify a user while
retraining.

Sort-of-right: When you have the user uid in the signature and you allow DSPAM to switch the user when retraining, then you don't need to specify _different_ users when retraining. But, because the dspam command argument validation requires the user parameter, you must specify _something_ as the user, and that has to be a valid user on the system who dspam knows about. That's why lots of examples show using root or something like that in the generic retrain aliases.

BTW, it would be nice to fix the dspam command to not barf if you don't specify a user argument if in dspam.conf you have the uidinsignature options set.... Very confusing, as this thread indicates.

-Jason