Ron,

The rules do not specify the access, so DVDongles are fair game. There are
basically three types of contacts, Voice, Low Speed Data, and High Speed Data.
Since D-STAR can do voice and data at the same time, then you can actually get
a Voice and Low Speed Data Contact at the same time.

The rules and updates are at www.DSTARINFO.com<http://www.DSTARINFO.com>

D-STAR Field Day is not ARRL Field Day, the rules are different (which is why
there are two activities).

D-STAR Field Day follows the intent of ARRL Field Day in that practice and
demonstration are the goal of the activity.

In the D-STAR Field Day Update document, the following were listed as things to
try:

·         Voice Contact with source routing, no linking

·         Voice Contact with multi-cast (See local administrators to determine
if possible)

·         Voice Contact with two linked repeaters

·         Voice Contact through Reflector

·         All of the above with a Data contact at the same time

·         Low speed Data contacts

·         High Speed Data Contacts

·         High Speed Internet Access

·         DVDongle Contacts