> I don't think Icom has a copyright on the logo. Maybe the JARL does.
> But, as long as you are not using   the logo commercially, it should
> not be an issue. I am certainly not making any money with D Star.

That, of course, doesn't matter at all.

> As to lawyers vs sales people. That wouldn't make any difference,
> both are representing the company. I got into that with one of my
> company's suppliers, earlier this year. The Legal Dept. said I was
> improperly using their logo, selling their products. I told the
> lawyer, that their national sales manager had seen my catalog and my
> website and thought it looked great. The lawyer promptly shut up.

By this logic, any employee of the recording agencies and/or their
representatives who had ever witnessed someone copying a CD or MP3 would
negate their right to sue.  Clearly that isn't holding up :)

IMHO, getting an answer from someone who appears to have the authority
to grant such usage is an extremely good idea.

--
Dan Smith
dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/