".As long as you are not using the logo commercially, you can pretty well do
what you want with a design. I drew the D Star logo in Adobe Illustrator and
put
it on a sign for a hamfest booth and on shirts. Icom saw both the sign and
the shirts and made no comment.

Buddy Morgan
WB4OMG......................................"

I have to disagree with you on this one...... I have a small sign shop and deal
a little with copy written artwork.  The one looking for info on gaining
'rights' to use it is on the right track.  It very well may be okay for anyone
to use that logo in the capacity to serve or promote D-Star, but it is wise to
find out from the company first.  I admire his integrity.  We (as a sign shop)
must have written permmision from McDonald's Headquarters to produce signage
for the localally owned and operated McDonald's.  Can't do a sign just because
the locals called us up and request one, even though they 'own' the local
operation.
I.E. the copy write laws get complicated...... best to play it safe.    And
"commercialy" speaking, personal use can be illegal as well.  Plenty of folks
are wearing caps with logos such as the 'Nike' swoosh and thier name above or
under it.  This is illegal.  It is legal to have the logo on the front and a
personal name on the side or back, but the logo on the front had better be a
product of an authorized person or company by Nike.  Go visit the local flea
markett, and you'll see folks getting in trouble selling 'black market' items,
including car tags, decals, shirts, hats, etc.  I wouldn't  consult a lawyer
first....... I'd get the permission from the correct individual or corporate
headquarters first.

doug
k4gkj
_,___