John is right on the money here.

-----

Tactical Call Sign SOP:

A tactical call sign is entered in the 4 digit comment field after a station's
legal call sign:

MY: NAØG /EOC

Such tactical calls can be readily pre-programmed in the MYCALL memory of most
radios.

With this procedure, your tactical call sign will appear on the screen of
anyone receiving, conveying the information in an efficient manner, while not
interfering in the D-Star routing protocol.

Stations using anything other than their legal call sign in the call sign field
should be informed they are are using BAD PRACTICE.

-----

Just my 2 cents.  The comment field is really wide open for transmitting all
kinds of stuff.  I might have the APRS code for my home: NAØG//-  Others have
suggested ARRL numbered radiograms: NAØG/RL16 (Property damage very severe in
this area).  And so on.
The point is that with D-Star this comment field goes out with each press of
the button, so why not use is for something useful?

73 de NAØG  Gene