... and I only get the FULL db once, then I get
one or two radio or repeater updates once every 15-20 minutes.

I dont have a problem with receiving the initial FULL db,
I use Postgres which is very fast.

I get about 8000 dstar radio users and about 500 dstar repeaters in
the INITIAL FULL db and I do not miss anything
when I update the dstar Postgres database.

Since my dstar repeater port 20005 and the
ICOM TRUST server port 20005 are on TCP,

the two systems are sunchronized by the TCP/IP stack on each host.
One reason why ICOM did not choose UDP for the download,
because you would lose some data from the
initial FULL db if one system was slower that the other
if UDP was used.

I am registered with a LIVE/PRODUCTION TRUST system
nor a test trust,but a LIVE ICOM TRUST.

Here is an example of a dstar repeater IP update:

Rptr:[KJ4NHF  ] IP:[....] f

Here is an example of a dstar radio update:

Radio:[DB5ZQ   ] Rptr:[DM0PX   ] Mod:[B] RegistRptr:[DB0WZB  ]
       PC_IP:[....] PC_Host:[db5zq]

Scott