On Jan 20, 2010, at 9:45 AM, Francis Miele wrote:

I don't think they are doing anything shady. They have their own version of a board and clearly state that they DO NOT supply the firmware. However, I'm sure an enterprising individual could locate some versions of the firmware elsewhere or buy it from Satoshi.

Fran, W1FJM

Satoshi will even sell it to them, for a $100 surcharge. We shouldn't be pirating Satoshi's intellectual property. If Fred's firmware come out soon (which also is proprietary, but he has said it will be readily available at a reasonable price without the requirement to buy a board from any particular source), it will become a moot point.

John D. Hays
Amateur Radio Station K7VE
PO Box 1223
Edmonds, WA 98020-1223 VOIP/SIP: j...@hays.org