Actually, when unlinking, all you need is U in the 8th character. If you've
ever got any questions on what to use, I'd recommend heading to the D-STAR
Calculator at www.DSTARInfo.com<http://www.DSTARInfo.com> and verifying.

Ed WA4YIH

From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dstar_digi...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of John
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 10:48 PM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] CONNECTING TO RELECTORorREPEATERS

I was in hopes that the group can clarify the appropriate linking and unlinking
to a reflector or repeater on D-Star.

When I want to connect to a reflector or repeater I understand I would enter
REF001CL and in the case of a repeater W0MAO CL where "L" would be in the
eighth position.

My question is for the unlinking portion. To Unlink I would enter REF001CU and
W0MAO CU

Do I need to identify the port when unlinking?