Hi List,

--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosshard (NU5D)"
<bossh...@...> wrote:
> Unfortunately many have forgotten how to use DSTAR without DPLUS
linking.

Acknowledge to what Steve said. I think many users are confused or not
aware of that there are two different modes of operation on D-STAR in
general: 1. the callsign routing mechanism of the original D-STAR
development and 2. linking repeaters and reflectors with the 3rd party
tool dplus.

Another sad side effect of this are users using the 1. method out of a
gateway connected to a reflector (e.g.), to call someone else not in
this virtual cloud. Then all listeners connected to the reflector hear
operator A calling, but they do not hear the answer of operator B.

And then I see users in my dplus.log (on the gateways I operate), who
are talking locally or via reflector connection, but have a useless
callsign in UR, sometime even to another repeater, which is not involved
into the conversation. That causes needless traffic and irritations,
too.

But okay - nothing is perfect. Let's have fun even so. :-)

73 de Reiner, dh9fax
DB0HRF & DB0WK