John wrote:
Ok, one more question...When connecting to a D-Star repeater for the purpose of contacting anyone who happens to be listiening. Do I need a / in front of the repeater call? After connecting I would then enter CQCQCQ on my end? Or am I thinking of connecting to a reflector?

Thanks
N0MEQ

It depends:

If you are using native D-STAR callsign routing in which case you leave /CALL B (Module) in for every transmission. If you are using the D-PLUS application, you do it just like a reflector CALL CL (Module/Link) then switch to CQCQCQ.

The best thing to do is try some scenarios on the D-STAR calculator: http://www.dstarinfo.com/Calculator/DSTAR%20Web%20Calculator.aspx -- it will become much clearer at that point.
--
John D. Hays
Amateur Radio Station K7VE <http://k7ve.org>