I only had 1 or 2 of the classic negative hams.

Ok what is a "  classic negative hams. " do you mean people who have no intrest
or don't beleve the hype ?.

There are number of manufacturers making
equipment for D-STAR. We can make a non D-STAR radio a D-STAR radio, and we
now have approved non-Icom repeaters that can be connected to the network.

This is good others than ICOM building radios ..... prices will come down good
for D-Star price is D-Star problem if it becomes less expensive it will sell .

There will always be those who dont want to hear about D-STAR. Thats okay.
Theres no rule in ham radio that everyone has to do everything. We have
HFers that have never been above 50 MHz and folks who have never been below
it. Weve got folks who work people that live on the earth, and weve got
people who talk to satellites, even the moon.

Agree 100% myself I've done just about all of it EME, WEAK SIGNAL FM/SSB/AM
PSK-31 there is lots to do and many bands to go on ..... No ham wan't to see
any mode fail if that was so we would all still be running spark-gaps.

Bruce wa4gch
on 2 and 6 since 66

Put up a antenna crank up the power and try simplex !

Calling frequencies in US are .....
D-STAR   145.67
ANALOG 146.52
SSB        144.200