Ralph Glasstetter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2007 18:02 schrieb Michael Riepe:
>
>>>And why is this no Problem under Linux...?
>>
>>Because we use -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 - that makes an off_t 64 bits long
>>even on 32-bit systems. But there is no such option for Windows, as far
>>as I know.
>
> Yes, I know.. but didn't you implement a private 64-bit data type for dvbcut
> to avoid this problem with the different offset definitions under
> windows/linux?

It doesn't fix the problem completely. The objective was that there is a
single data type inside dvbcut that is as long as a file offset, or
longer, on any current OS, so that you can store any file offset without
truncating it. It doesn't change the way the OS represents file offsets,
though.

> Ah, no... I see... the problem was the seek function which still returns
> signed 32bit integers under windows, right? And therefore you now use
> fstati64 under windows and fstati under linux to get the file size.

Yep.

> But there also would have been a lseek64 for windows... O.Raouls used it in
> his mplayer port (at list he wrote that in the README.Mingw).

But not inside dvbcut, as far as I remember.

I wish I had documentation for those stupid Windows syscalls... :(

> And there is still a normal lseek left in buffer.cpp (line 323)...

That's used only for positioning, not for reporting the size. I think
that way it works up to 4 GB.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>