It was while indexing, as with the 2 huge files I tried at first!
That time I didn*t had a look at the progress bar but after it stopped I could
navigate in the video
(for only the first 50min, about 2GB?)  and then the box had been frozen when
opening another file.

> > That's pretty near to 2GB again... does your lseek make problems? :-(
>
> That would be strange, because dvbcut has been using lseek() - the
> 32-bit version on Windows - for positioning before. On the other hand,
> the Windows version works fine with 1 GB snippets (I had no bigger files
> for testing).

Yes, it has something to do with the combination of index&buffer...

  Ralph Glasstetter
                                                                     phone
               0721 359166
  Rüppurrer Str. 62                                        email   [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
  76137 Karlsruhe                                         fax/voice       01212
5 107 16 958