[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The problem is that then you would have no way to communicate with the pileup as a whole. Newcomers would not know your listening range and the pile would spread farther and farther, causing much problems with other users of the band. Chaos.

73,

Duane, WV2B

"Nothing great is ever achieved without enthusiasm."- Ralph Waldo Emerson.

You are assuming that folks will not be able to figure out where he is listening. In my experience, it is not impossible at all to figure out where the dx is listening. Often using a couple buttons I can find both ends of the qso and do it pretty quickly. The original question though dealt with the possibility that the dx is going to jump frequencies and actually call the deserving.......

Gary
ab5rm