I've had *NO* problems QSLing with Frank, though the mail to most African countries is rather unreliable these days.  If a QSL goes missing, send another, though disguise it a bit better.  You can afford another green stamp.

To W2UP: I think that it's unreasonable of you to publicly flame one man as the problem.  Perhaps Frank wants to carry out his own QSLing, as perhaps that's a part of the hobby that he wants to enjoy.  I think you should be more thoughtful before opening your big mouth to criticise someone you probably don't know and spend less time dictating how other people should live their lives.

Regards
Dave G0OIL

Barry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, Frank is the problem.  Frank is the problem because he knows (or claims) that mail is unreliable in his country.  Frank should engage the services of a QSL manager in a country with reliable mail service.  There are always plenty of volunteers.  Guys like him have no excuse.

My advice is work someone else.  V5 isn't that rare.
73,
Barry

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Frank isn't the problem.  When he gets the request, he takes care of it in short order.    The mail getting to & from Frank is the problem.    I got my card from him in relatively short order, but if I remember correctly, I used an envelope from my previous employer, so it looked like an official letter from an engineering company, not a personal letter from a ham.  Worth a try...    73     From: Zack
 Widup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  Date: Thu Apr 13 10:59:00 CDT 2006  To: Art RX9TX <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  Cc: DX-chat@njdxa.org  Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] V51AS      I never tried to get a card from Frank becaue I already have that one   confirmed many times.      There have been several contest operations from there, one even by some of   our local Society of Midwest Contesters gang.  I'll bet there are more in   the future.  I know the W9's who went there are good QSL'ers.  Keep your   eyes open for other operations from there.    73, Zack W9SZ    On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Art RX9TX wrote:
 Hello DX-chat,      Gents,  what one should do to get a card from V51AS? Looks like this    guy  believes  2  USD  is  not  enough  for him, so
 my second direct    request is unanswered. Nayone had luck with him lately?
  Subscribe/unsubscribe, feedback, FAQ, problems   http://njdxa.org/dx-chat    To post a message, DX related items only, dx-chat@njdxa.org    This is the DX-CHAT reflector sponsored by the NJDXA   http://njdxa.org    Subscribe/unsubscribe, feedback, FAQ, problems   http://njdxa.org/dx-chat    To post a message, DX related items only, dx-chat@njdxa.org    This is the DX-CHAT reflector sponsored by the NJDXA   http://njdxa.org

--     Barry Kutner, W2UP               Newtown, PA