See the DX-News archives - QSOs were uploaded for Donors only.

73 - Jim AD1C

Boy oh boy.... I got roasted when a friend posted for me a message that implied I needed cash for a 9N confirmation (not true)..... and now this (see above).

Ham radio gotta come to terms with the cash side of DXing.... Yes, absolutely DXpeditions are for the wealthy (with time to spare, too), but the costs are very real regardless of resources.

Issues that need careful thought :

-real value prizes for ham contacts (or birthday celebrations or whatever).
-donations that are really purchases.
-contests that award with real value items.
-cash for QSLs.
-cash for LoTW.

My 2 cents.... get over the idea that ham radio exists in an economic vacuum and just inject some honesty into the "don't ask, don't tell" game of $$$ for QSLs. One DXer(island op) told me flatly that any incoming card lacking cash was trashed immediately.

My point-- we need an open discussion of this issue because it is getting "worse" and will do more so.

73
K4VUD